Tuesday 29 April 2014

Free prints


I have just discovered a great new app for my phone (I have an iPhone but is also available for Android) called FreePrints. You can print photos straight from your phone for free - you just pay postage (which starts at £1.99 and is never more than £3.99). You can print photos you have taken on your phone or those you have uploaded to Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Flickr and Picasa - so I'm looking forward to also printing those I have taken with my DSLR.

Each month you get 45 4x6 photos for free - these have to be 45 different photos as you can't get multiples of the same photo. Photos can be gloss or matt and you can also pay for other sizes.

When I signed up I got 10 photos for free with free postage so I decided to give it a try and see what I the quality was like. I used photos of Briony taken on my phone. Briony loves looking at photos of herself so I planned on putting them in a cheap flip album for her so was not too worried if the quality was rubbish. However, they came yesterday and I am really pleased with the quality. They are just as good as the ones I usually get from Photobox, Snapfish or Boots. I also find it really hard to get enough photos to print at these places, as you now have to print 500 at a time in order to get them at a decent price (or pay upfront for them). I will definitely be using this app regularly as 45 a month is plenty of photos to put in a scrapbook at the workshops each month!

 If you decided to try the app please use my invite code vhibbins1 so that I can earn some bonus prints and you'll also get 5 bonus prints. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment